THE COALITION FOR MEDICARE CHOICES
Effective as of October 2010
The following information summarizes our information gathering and dissemination practices for AHIP’s United States Web site located at the URL, https://medicarechoices.org (the “Site”).
By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information by AHIP, as described below.
What Information Does AHIP Collect?
Users may visit the website without giving AHIP any personal information. However, AHIP will collect individuals’ contact information, including name and zip code, and other personal information (such as the health plan which individuals are enrolled in) voluntarily provided by individuals who register on AHIP’s website. We also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses from all users of our Site, the date and time of access, and may catalog the type of computer, browser, or operating system used by the user. For individuals who register for conferences, enroll in education and training programs or make publications purchases, additional payment-related information may be collected.
How Does AHIP Use that Information?
Until you register to gain access to the member only section of the AHIP website or enroll in an AHIP-sponsored education or training program, you are able to browse the Site without providing any personal identifying information, although your browser may tell us what type of computer and operating system you are using as well as other kinds of technical information.
Below, is more detail on how AHIP uses the personal identifying information of those individuals who have voluntarily provided AHIP with personal information.
- Contact Information: AHIP may use your contact information to provide you with news, updates, products, services, upcoming events and other information and to otherwise get in touch with you regarding CMC activities. We may share your contact information with your health plan, our business partners, the government, or candidates who are running for elected offices to help provide or advance our services, help educate you on relevant legislative or regulatory developments, and/or for advertising purposes. Except for these parties, we do not share, lease, rent, license and/or sell your contact information with other third parties for any other purpose, except to a court or governmental agency if required by law or unless we first obtain consent from you to do so. Site visitors who do not wish to receive notifications or other information via email can choose to opt out of receiving such information at any time by contacting AHIP at [email protected].
- Demographic Information: AHIP may use or share, lease, rent, license, and/or sell demographic data on an aggregated basis, which will not identify any particular user, with our business partners, suppliers, and for advertising purposes.
- Transactional Information: AHIP may use or share, lease, rent, license, and/or sell transactional data on an aggregated basis, which will not identify any particular user with advertisers or other third parties, including our business partners, suppliers, sponsors, and vendors, for business purposes.
- Technical Information: We use technical information, such as your IP address or browser type, to help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze Site usage trends, track user movements on the Site, and to otherwise manage and monitor our Site.
- Business Transactions: In the event that AHIP goes through a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, please note that the personal identifying information collected and retained by AHIP will be among the assets transferred.
What About External or Third Party Web Sites?
What About Security?
AHIP places a premium on making sure that personal identifying information remains private and secure and is not subject to misuse or manipulation. Accordingly, this Site has industry standard security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under AHIP’s control. Although AHIP has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Site, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, you should consider carefully if you want to submit sensitive information via the Internet. Messages that you send to us via e-mail may not be secure. AHIP suggests that you do not send any confidential information to us by e-mail. If you choose to send confidential information to us by e-mail, you accept the risk that a third party may intercept your information. AHIP urges you to take every precaution to protect your personal identifying information when on-line.
What About Children?
AHIP cares about the safety of children on its Site and encourages parents and guardians to monitor their children’s use of the Internet. Although the Site is suitable for a general audience, this Site is intended for use only by users who are over 18 years of age.
What About Any Other Questions?
Copyright © 2019 America’s Health Insurance Plans. All Rights Reserved. 601 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, South Building, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20004